We are proud to announce that Applaud has achieved ISO/IEC 27017 certification.
The ISO 27000 family of standards is the leading set of standards detailing best practices for the management of information security and privacy.
“This achievement demonstrates our on-going commitment to offering a safe and secure solution, providing assurance that our practices align with industry-recognized cloud security standards.”
CEO and Co-founder, Applaud
About ISO/IEC 27017
This standard provides cloud-based guidance on 37 of the controls in ISO/IEC 27002. It also features an additional seven new controls that address cloud-specific threats and risks including:
- Agreement on shared roles and responsibilities between the customer and provider.
- Removal and return of assets upon contract termination.
- Protection and separation of the customer’s virtual environment from that of other customers.
- Virtual machine hardening requirements to meet customer needs.
- Procedures for administrative operations of a cloud computing environment.
- Enabling customers to monitor relevant activities within a cloud computing environment.
- Alignment of security management for virtual and physical networks
What this means for our customers
At Applaud, data security has always been a priority. By implementing ISO/IEC 27017, we are now able to evidence the steps we take to keep your data secure, helping us:
- Control and manage risks to the security of your information.
- Ensure adequate security controls are in place to protect information and data from corruption or loss.
- Establish robust procedures to prevent data security breaches and theft.
“We are already ISO27001 certified, this just further proves our commitment to continually improving our security posture.”
CTO and Co-founder, Applaud
To learn more about ISO/IEC 27017 please visit the ICO/IEC 27001 page at iso.org.
If you’re looking to improve HR service delivery and your own employees’ experience, request an Applaud demo and learn how we help.
Keep up to date with the latest from Applaud in our news section and see what thought-leading outlets have to say about us on our press page.